Saturday, October 22, 2005

Layer Cake - Rob

Ok, I really wanted Patti to write the blog entry for this movie. Why? Well, to be honest, I don't really remember much about it. I do remember liking it, but I can remember very little about the actual plot and/or characters. When did we watch it? About a week ago.

I guess that says something about the flick. Director Matthew Vaughn's debut (he produced "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels"), is another entry into the British gangster flicks genre, but lacks some of the personality of the two afore-mentioned films. Yeah, Daniel Craig (soon-to-be 007) was excellent, infusing his callous, nameless character with some personality and humanity, and the visual style of the movie was engaging, but if, a week after seeing it, I can't remember enough to write a proper review, maybe something was missing...

Either way, I *do* remember thinking it was really good immediately after watching it, and we will probably buy it and I will give it a second viewing. If you dig fast-paced, wry British movies like "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock," you will enjoy "Layer Cake." It may not live up to the standard set by Guy Ritchie's flicks, but it's a worthy addition to the genre.

VERDICT
WHO FELL ASLEEP: Rob dozed a little
WHO RECOMMENDS IT: both
BUY/RENT/SKIP: buy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home