Monday, January 02, 2006

King Kong (2005) - Patti

Say what you want about this 3-hour remake of a remake, but this was one of the funnest movie-going experiences I have had in a long, long time! Peter Jackson captured the original film's magic and took it to a higher level, thanks, of course, to CGI.

Don't let the length of this movie scare you away...it never drags. My 9 and 10 year olds said it didn't feel like a 3 hour movie. The first act sets the stage for the necessary character and plot development. We meet Jack Black and Naomi Watts, who are completely engaging in their respective roles. Okay, Adrien Brody looks like he isn't really feeling "it," but that's the only criticism with the cast that I can think of.

Act two is when we arrive at Skull Island. I'm sure you've seen the trailer and know that this time, Kong is done right. He is simply breathtaking! As with his LOTR series, Jackson makes you believe that this is a place that actually exists. Sure, you may not want to visit, but a postcard from there would be cool!

By the final act, we are back in fabulous New York and the rest, as they say, is movie-making history. I felt like I was a kid again. I laughed. I screamed. I cried. What a blast! This one has got to be seen on the big screen. Kudos, Mr. Jackson!

VERDICT

WHO FELL ASLEEP: neither

WHO RECOMMENDS IT: both

BUY/RENT/SKIP: buy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home