Monday, January 02, 2006

The Chronicles of Narnia - Patti

We saw this movie back in December, but I've been too wrapped up in my day-to-day life to get this review done. My bad.

Even if you haven't read C.S. Lewis' enchanting series,this movie is a must-see! It's like a scaled-down version of LOTR. (If you don't know what that stands for, I feel for you.) The story follows four siblings who wander into a magical world through a mysterious wardrobe closet. It's an amazing fantasyland, and yes, there is a lot of hidden and not-so hidden symbolism.

My biggest criticism would be with some of the special effects. It seemed as though the FX dept. put all of their efforts into creating the lion, which was simply magnificent! However, other effects made me cringe with embarassment. Come on guys; you could do better than that.


VERDICT
WHO FELL ASLEEP: neither
WHO RECOMMENDS IT: both
BUY/RENT/SKIP: buy (if you have kids)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home